The Places we will Go

I decided to try out the "new" bike lanes on Lafayette Rd. on Saturday.  Specifically I wanted to ride up to 71st St. and see the progress on the Eagle Creek Greenway.


The first thing I noticed was the fresh strips of green paint.  This marks the areas of the bike lane where cars can cross.  This will, hopefully, make the lanes easier for motorists to understand.  They really stand out.


When I reached 71st St., I made a right turn on to the greenway.  What a nice addition to the Eagle Creek area.  At this point, it doesn't go that far.  When it's finished I'm told we will be able to ride from the park all the way to the Monon using a combination of greenway, and bike lanes.  It will be great to finally be able to cross town on a bicycle using dedicated bike ways.

Oh, the places we will go!

Ride on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Drivers

Why are bikes so expensive?

All hail the simple basket