Giving in

My regression into a less technical, simpler bicycle is by now well documented.  I've spent the last several months investigating a world that I thought was long ago relegated to the annals of bicycle history.  Gladly, I found that was hardly the case.
I give credit where credit is due.  Grant Peterson has kept the fire of simple, enjoyable, comfortable bikes burning brightly....if you knew where to look.

I had thought about designing a bike I could sell at my store.  A "country bike" that you could ride nearly anywhere.  I came to realize that what I was trying to imagine had already been done. 

I broke down and ordered my own Rivendell A. Homer Hilsen.  Story and pics to follow. 

Yesterday was 2 Wheels, 1 City; an event put on by The Indy Cog.  It was a great time, and I look forward to participating for as long as they will have me.  There is a vibrant bike culture brewing in Indianapolis.  It's exciting to see so many people excited about bikes.

The sun is finally starting to come out on a more regular basis.  I hope you are making the time to get out and ride your bikes.

Ride on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why are bikes so expensive?

Daily Drivers

All hail the simple basket