Bike to Work day 2011

May is bike month.  I don't know exactly what that is supposed to mean.  I guess it's an opportunity for retailers, manufacturers and advocacy groups to get people, that otherwise wouldn't, thinking about bikes.  Not a bad thing.
One of the aspects of Bike Month is Bike to Work day.  Also a noble calling.  Here in Indy there were several groups that met at various locations around the city.  From there they rode downtown for a festival, of sorts.  I guess if you work downtown, it's convenient.  If you didn't, and you wanted to take part in all the activities, you would have had to take the day off.  I'm not sure how to reconcile that.
Anyway it looked like a great event with a great turnout.  Another sign that we truly are becoming more of a bike city.

I spoke briefly about my new Rivendell A. Homer Hilsen.  As luck would have it, we finished the build on Friday the 20th.  I didn't even have bar tape on it yet, but I rode it home anyway.



Here it is as a "finished" bike (are they every really finished?)
I really love it, and I would like to thank Grant, and everyone at Riv for making such a great bike.
Have a great Memorial Day weekend.  Get out there and ride your bikes!

Chris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Drivers

Why are bikes so expensive?

All hail the simple basket