All hail the simple basket

Over the last 2, or 3 years I've gotten quite used to having some sort of carrying apparatus on the front of my bike.  I find it useful to be able to see, and access things without actually dismounting.

I've found the most useful configuration to also be the least expensive.  The tried, and true Wald wire basket.  Essentially unchanged since the early 1900's, all Wald baskets are still made in their factory in Kentucky.


With the supplied mounting hardware these baskets mount in no time.  You can also remove the hardware, and mount the basket to a front rack (as I've done here).  I prefer this option as it keeps the basket low, and the top of the handlebar clean.

It's amazing to me that in this age of $10,000.00 bikes, you can have something so useful for less than 40 bucks.

What's your preference?  Bag, basket or naked?

Ride on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Drivers

Why are bikes so expensive?