SOMA San Marcos

While some of us are engrossed in le Tour, let me take a minute to talk about a bike that is decidedly anti-Tour (which ain't a bad thing).

I've spoken before about Grant Petersen, his company Rivendell and my love of my A. Homer Hilsen.  Well, we took delivery today of a new Petersen designed bike from SOMA fabrications called the San Marcos.

I will let Grant tell you in his words what this bike is all about.


The San Marco is a sporty road bike, a frisky bike suitable for any road riding on the planet----fitness rides, club rides, centuries, brevets, riding over to Lucy-Jo's house, anything you can do on a bike on a road, you can do on this bike. 





I can't imagine anyone who isn't racing not liking this bike.   We are one of the few shops in the country who have these in stock.   It's a road bike, it's a light touring bike, it's a commuter.  Figure around $2200 for one smartly equipped.  Considering that bike rags are currently praising the qualities of a $15k road racing bike, it's a bargain. 

Ride on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why are bikes so expensive?

Daily Drivers

All hail the simple basket