My 2011 List

I've been thinking about some of the things that I would like to accomplish in the New Year.  I've tried to put them in a list (as I've gotten older I find that if I write things down they actually get done).

I'm going to ride my bike.....to work, to the store, for fun.....I'm going to ride.

No bike I own will have smaller than 28mm wide tires.  It's all about comfort from now on.

I will take more pictures while I'm out on the bike.  Check that, I need to take more pictures.  Period.  My grandfather traveled all over the world, and never took a single photograph.  Tragic.

I need to get back into the gym.

At least one of my bikes will have flat pedals.  So much easier to just get on and ride.

We will have a shop ride.......of sorts.  Some Saturday mornings we will ride, and others can, and will ride with us.  That will be nice.

I re found the fun of working in a bike shop again.  Don't know exactly how it happened, and I'm not going to question it.  This is the best "job" I've ever had.

The 520 is a bike that's been in the Trek line.....well, forever.  We got a few in a couple of weeks ago.  Other than being a little "chunky", it's such a nice bike.  I would like to think that some folks that are looking for a road bike (and have no aspirations......or delusions of racing) will give it a chance.

March is typically when we mark the start of the new season.  That's.........7 weeks away?  That's nothing.  A chip shot.  Soon the sun will be shining, and tires will be humming down the road again.

I can't wait.

Ride on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why are bikes so expensive?

Daily Drivers

All hail the simple basket