Vegas (baby)

Another Interbike is in the books.  It was my first show in a couple of years, and it probably will be my last for the foreseeable future.  The thinkers have decided to move the bike show back to Anaheim CA for the next 3 years.  I did my first couple of shows in Anaheim.  I'm in no hurry to return.

I don't know what the thinking really was behind this move.  I do know that there has been plenty of whining about the show being in Vegas.  Not family friendly they say.  You are there for a trade show, are you not?  Dirty, loud, obnoxious and smoky.  Not the right city for a industry that trades in good health.  Maybe so.  Las Vegas is all of those things, and probably a couple more.  I know this.  There isn't another city in the world with as much entertainment, and really fine dining within walking distance of your hotel. 

There is one thing stuck in my craw.  The people that have screamed the loudest about the "waste, and excess of Las Vegas" are the very same people that have no problem riding or selling a bicycle that costs more than my first 3 cars......combined.  I guess that's different though, right?

I will miss going to the bike show.  I will find another reason to visit Las Vegas.

Ride on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why are bikes so expensive?

Daily Drivers

All hail the simple basket