It has to be true

I've worked in retail for a long time.  There are always stories about crazy, or funny things customers would say.  I was thinking about one the other day, and I thought I would share.
A guy, and his wife come into the store.  They are looking at a particular bike, and we start to discuss the features.  The conversation turns, as it usually does, to the other colors available.  This particular bike was only available in the color we had, which was black. 

This customer was not a stranger to us, so I said "You can have any color you want, as long as it's black".  He paused, gave me a quizzical look, and then laughed.  I was, of course, recalling Henry Ford, but felt like I had to explain myself.  "You know, just like Henry Ford" I said.  The man laughed again, and then his wife exclaimed "That's why he ain't President anymore".

It's a true story.

Ride on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why are bikes so expensive?

Daily Drivers

All hail the simple basket