2011 Indy Cog Tweed Ride



Saturday was a beautiful day in Indianapolis.  Sunny, but cool....perfect weather to be covered in.....tweed!

About 90 people showed up for this second annual ride.  Indy Cog, the event promoter, said it was over twice the number from the year before.

This was our first tweed ride, and it won't be our last.  The group ranged from folks just wanting to get out on a nice Saturday afternoon, to people truly dedicated to the tweed.  Bikes ranged from geared mountain bikes, to a high wheeler.  All were welcome, and everyone had a great time.

I have to admit, I enjoyed trying to dress the part.  I've been preaching for the last year that you can (and should) be able to ride in "normal" clothes.  It is absolutely possible, and for me it makes riding even more enjoyable.

The pictures from the ride say more than I ever could.  The few photos I took are here.  You can also view Indy Cog's photos here.  If you would like to know more about Indy Cog, visit their web page here.

Ride on!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why are bikes so expensive?

Daily Drivers

All hail the simple basket